Sunday, July 31, 2016

A Baptism, a Great Meal, and Hope

Hey,

So first and foremost, two of our investigators, Brother Gyson and Brother Denver, got baptized this past Saturday! It was such an amazing experience to see them come out of the water literally clean of any sin they had previously committed. They were so excited. So was I. I'm so glad that I can say that got play a small role in the conversion of the children of our Heavenly Father. Elder Cortez and I also got to cook laing this week. It's gabi, or the leaf of the taro root, soaked in cocounut milk, mixed with shrimp paste coconut milk and a whole lot of labuyo, or tiny red hot chili peppers. It's classic Bicol cooking.. And I now know how to cook it. To be honest, Elder Cortez and I were both surprised that the end result was actually what it came out to be. We got to go on exchanges with the zone leaders the other day. It was cool to learn go on splits and learn new things from the leaders of the mission. 

Anyway this week we learned about the importance of having hope in all things. Literally ALL things. I cannot begin to even describe or explain just how many doors were slammed in our face or how many times people literally reject us right in front of our faces. And we eventually found success. Anyway, in times of struggle we all come to the point of breaking. If we obtain a "perfect brightness of hope" as the prophet Nephi mentions in 2 Nephi 31, we can over conquer anything. I'm so happy. Anyway. That's all. I love you guys. Thanks for all the emails. I'll talk to you again next week!

-Elder Bondoc

Pictures of the week. Enjoy 'em. 


No comments:

Post a Comment