Monday, August 8, 2016

Boldness, but Not Overbearance

Hey Guys.

So it's hot. Like real hot. I was totally under the impression that it was supposed to be rainy season (which is it? I'm just confused..) but this week it ended up being super hot. I feel like all I ever talk about anymore is the weather... But whatever. It's worth talking about. I love it! Anyway this week was a good one. A lot of the barangays (neighborhoods) are having their yearly fiesta which essentially this annual party in which all the members of the barangay eat a lot of food and have a bunch of cultural activities and events which means... everyone's busy. BUT that's okay. In the Naga Mission, and more specifically in our companionship, we find ways! So this week was full of finding new investigators. It's good and I love it. 

Something I learned this week actually has to do with the importance of being open AND sensitive with everyone that we know. As missionaries, we teach according to the needs of every individual that we meet. We know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ applies to each and every individual on this planet. However, sometimes I feel that we all are either to bold or not bold enough in saying what needs to be said. Especially as missionaries, we face this challenge every day. Alma, a prophet in the Book of Mormon in Ancient America, gave advice to his son, Shiblon, regarding this matter. 

"Use boldness, not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love..." -Alma 38:12

SO may we all help those around us in boldness, but also in love. Missionary work is awesome. I'll talk to you guys net week. Thanks for the emails! 

-Elder Bondoc
I thought it was hilarious. We have our own office.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the message. I enjoy your spiritual thoughts that are concrely placed in your composition. Thank you for your service. My son only has 14 weeks to go in South Africa. When we are d surrounded by great people and experiences time surely pass fast. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete