Monday, August 22, 2016

I'm Still Going to Be in Labo!

Hey World.

Life is good. This week was awesome. So first and foremost, I am NOT being transferred. I am SUPER duper blessed to get to work in Labo for another six weeks. It should be awesome and I'm super excited! Elder Cortez is still going to be my companion soooo yeah. We have a lot to do. This week we got the chance to work in Sta. Elena, a bayan that is about a 2 hour jeep ride from Labo. We met a whole lot of really nice people that are really interested in the message we have to say so hopefully missionaries will get the chance to serve there one day. There we saw this monkey that was missing a hand. I thought it was cool. I also forgot to tell you last week. Remember when that one lady asked me to spit on my finger and rub her child's bellybutton? Well the same sort of thing happened last last week. This grandma was holding a baby and she said, "Pa-usog sa paya niya kuya," which roughly translates to "Lick your finger and touch my grandchild's foot." My companion didn't hesitate and just did it. I soon followed. It was kinda weird. But whatever. It made the grandma happy. 

Anyway I learned how to be patient this week. Missions are fun and very, very enjoyable. I wouldn't take any minute back of it. But sometimes, or even most of the time, it gets tough. We have to step back, take a look at the bigger picture, take a BIG, DEEP breath, and then take on the challenge one step at a time. But I love what I do and will continue to love what I do until the end. I LOVE being a missionary. The black name tag brings so many blessings. And to some degree, rather than just enduring trials, I'd much rather enjoy them, wouldn't we all?

"Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days." D&C 24:8

So yeah. It's inevitable. Life will be hard. But may we endure and enjoy until the end. I know that Christ will be with us every step of the way. Until next week everyone!

-Elder Bondoc

Yeah. I can't do the whole "take pictures seriously" thing.
The name tag. 
That one monkey that I mentioned

No comments:

Post a Comment