Monday, April 4, 2016

Just Because You've Seen a Fish Your Size Doesn't Mean You've Seen It All

Hello po!

This week has been a real good one. We had interviews with our mission president which was really nice. I learned a lot and can't thank him and his wife enough for everything that they do for the mission. Elder Duero and I are still doing awesome. He's going to have the chance this week to lead the area and all planning sessions, which is super exciting. I know he can do it and have complete faith in him. This week, Elder Duero and I ventured into a barangay (neighborhood) called Tambangan, a place that hasn't been visited by missionaries in years! We hope to find less-active members and even new investigators. Anyway, what else? This week I found this puppy and took a picture with it which was pretty neat. We also saw this HUGE fish called Malusugi, or as Americans know it, blue marlin. These guys go for about 20,000-30,000 pesos per fish because they're just SO HUGE. Anyway. That was a neat thing. We did an extra lot of walking this week to get to all of our appointments. A great week in general.

So this week we had the chance to teach a part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which, as members know it, is called the Plan of Salvation. We believe that our Heavenly Father has created a plan for us to return back into His presence. Think about. We're born to our families, we live a short time, and in due time, the end of our lives come. I can say with all of my heart that there is something more that we have to expect after this life. I know that our Heavenly Father offers us the chance to obtain eternal life in His presence. He loves us. Like any loving Father would, I know that He wants to give us everything that He has, that one day we may become like Him. It's up to us, however, if we accept that plan or not. I love being a missionary. I've learned so much thus far. I've learned how to cope with challenges I never thought I would face. I can truly say that I've acquired such a better understanding of our life and purpose as children of God. Of course, thanks for the emails this week. I love you all! Until next week again!

-Elder Bondoc

The fish.

Manly men LOVE puppies, am I right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment