Sunday, April 24, 2016

LaboLaboLabo!

Good Day!

Wow what a week. So as I write this post, I sit at a computer in my new area, Labo, part of Camarines Norte. What an experience getting here from San Jose. We had to take a two hour bus ride from San Jose to Naga. Then we waited for a bit, and THEN we took a four hour bus ride from Naga to Labo. It was probably one of the most uncomfortable experiences I've ever had, but it was totally worth it. My new area is awesome and my companion, even more so. His name is Elder Maquimot. He's 19 years old, from Rosario, Cavite and is just a crack to be with. Love it. So here in Camarines Norte, specifically in Labo, there are absolutely no more Bicol speakers. It's pure Tagalog, which I guess is a good thing because my Tagalog still needs a whole lot of brushing up. Anyway, other than that there are only two of us in our apartment, so I'm so lucky that we get along. This is such a great experience and I can't wait to see where the next couple of weeks take us. 

Anyway, something that I learned in the last week is how important it is to be patient. Ever since last Tuesday, until now my patience hadn't been tested to this degree until now. This is a pretty difficult area and sometimes we don't even know where to begin to help the work progress, but in just one week, Elder Maquimot and I have seen actual progression that we didn't even think was possible. In the Lord's time, according to His will, things will ultimately work out. It's so difficult sometimes, but what else is there to expect? Life is just one long adventure where we learn and grow from the challenges we face daily.  I've learned that we most often have to trust that God really does have a plan for His children. It's just up to us if we're willing to trust Him or not. I can't wait to see what's in store for us here in Labo. Until next week! Love you all!

-Elder Bondoc

The Legends of Labo

No comments:

Post a Comment