Monday, August 3, 2015

Sa Bundok Si Bondoc

Hello!

So let me start of by saying this week has been an absolute blast. We had our zone conference, a baptism, and exchanges with other missionaries. We continue teaching and serving, and the area of Bato is progressing! It's still hard, but I slowly get more and more attached to this place, despite the difficulties I face. I love the families we teach. It's so comforting to know that the work we do here will change these families' lives forever. I'm also SUPER grateful for the other missionaries in our area. They are super supportive and caring for greenies (new missionaries) like me. Today we had our district activity! I had the chance to bond with a lot of them and sweat with a lot of them. We didn't really have a plan. We were in the city and figured that we should do something fun and wholesome. So our District Leader, Elder Hermosa, suggested that we climb this mountain on the other side of town. No one was against the idea, so off we went. We were at the bottom of this hill and didn't realize how hard the climb would be until it was too late to go back. It was muddy, I was only wearing flip flops, and I think I lost about half my body weight in sweat making my way up. But then we got to the top. The view was breathtaking. Green for miles and miles.At that moment, clouds hid the sun and a peaceful breeze overcame us. I felt peace and joy just from being with other missionaries who are here for the same purpose as my own. I'm not alone. I promise you at times, I've felt SO lonely here. But I know that there are thousands of other missionaries around the world experiencing the same thing. I am so happy to be a part of this work and to partake from it with others. I hope you know that I experience the blessings of your prayers every day. I need them! You're all a part of this work, as well! Anyway. I think that's all for this week. A cat didn't get into my bread, thank goodness and brownouts have been at an all-time low this week. We are so blessed! Love you all so much!

-Elder Bondoc


It truly doesn't get any better than this. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo-and yeas, I remember you in my daily prayers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo-and yeas, I remember you in my daily prayers! <3

    ReplyDelete