Sunday, September 4, 2016

Merry Christmas!!!

Hey.

This week was awesome. Another simple one, to be honest. I can't say anything REALLY stuck out other than the fact that... yeah nothing really new happened this week. We got our gas replaced, so now we can cook real food again. Ummm... Yeah it's still hot, but not as hot as it was before, surprisingly. OH OH OH I totally forgot to mention...

MERRY CHIRSTMAS!!!!

Yeah it's September here in the Philippines, and officially Christmas season. It's what they call the start of the "Ber" months... So yeah. Super early. But I can't complain. Christmas should be celebrated ALWAYS. All the local stores are selling Christmas trees and all the local radio stations are now playing Christmas music. I love it.

So something that I learned this week is the significance planning. I mentioned planning many posts ago and thought it would be important to reemphasize the importance of it again. So we, as missionaries, have a set schedule every day. We always have somewhere to go to and a set time for each appointment. Something that I've learned is that if something in a plan falls through, it is CRUCIAL to have a back up plan, and then another back up plan to that back up plan. To put it simply, expect the unexpected. As sure as we are with our plans, we can't always be 100%. Life is full of stuff that we can't forecast, but if we plan effectively, I know we can combat whatever comes our way. Our Father in Heaven has a Plan for us, after all. How much more do we then need to Plan? Anyway. That's all for this week. Nothing new really. We have a baptism this upcoming September 17th! So we're super pumped for that. Anyway hope you guys have a great week. Thanks for the emails. I didn't bring my camera around this week so I'll send you guys a whole bunch of pictures next week!

"And also my soul delighteth in the covenants of the Lord which he hath made to our fathers; yea, my soul delighteth in his grace, and in his justice, and power, and mercy in the great and eternal plan of deliverance from death." -2 Nephi 11:5

-Elder Bondoc

No comments:

Post a Comment