Sunday, September 11, 2016

Do or Do Not

Magandang umaga/tanghali/hapon sa inyong lahat.

Hey. So this week was awesome. First thing first. On VERY very short notice, I am getting transferred to Canaman, a city right in the center of Naga. I'm super excited but still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it's happening on such short notice. But yeah. Crazy. Next week I'll be emailing from the CITY! My past three areas have been pure province, any this is going to be a very new to me, working and proselyting in the hustle and bustle of the city. We also went on exchanges with our Zone Leaders this week. Elder Key was my companion and he is literally more than twice my size. He's the man. Exchanges are always a great time to learn from one another. 

So something I would love to share about is the principle of DOING instead of just TRYING. This comes straight out of Star Wars, but is totally applicable to our lives. 

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Master Yoda 

I feel like sometimes we use the word "try" to justify some of our shortcomings and imperfections. If we mess up, we usually end up saying that we tried. Don't get me wrong, we can't avoid being human, but at the same time, I believe that we shouldn't "try," but should rather, "do." It's so important to stay motivated and just do. This idea has helped me motivate myself to do literally everything in my power to be the best missionary that my Heavenly Father expects me to be. We learn this from Nephi's experience.

"...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded..." 
1 Ne 3:7

As hard as life gets sometimes, it's not enough to just try. We must be motivated like Nephi to go and DO

I hope you all had a great week, as always. It's been a crazy week, but has been filled with so many blessings. Until next week.

-Elder Bondoc

Me and the man, Elder Key
Yeah I know the whole Polynesian haka face doesn't really fit me. It just makes me look like a dufus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment