Monday, March 21, 2016

Our Divine Purpose

Hello world!

SO this week was awesome. We had a baptism last Saturday. Her name is Erika. We've been teaching her for about 3 months now and she was as excited as ever. Anyway, this week was really cool. We're having another baptism this coming Saturday which is also super exciting. I can't say much has changed this week. Elder Duero and I keep trying to find more and more people to serve and teach. I love being a missionary and wouldn't be anywhere else in the world right now.

Anyway, I can't really say anything GRAND happened. But I did come to one realization. So over the past 10 months (I've been here in the Philippines for ten months by the way) I've come to the realization that people in general find true and longer lasting happiness if they find some sort of divine purpose in their life. Look at it this way. We're born, we study, we find work, our lives take their course and ultimately we die. I can't honestly say that that's all there is to this life. I know that there's more. That's what we teach as missionaries. After this life, there is something more eternal--more everlasting. If we keep that in the forefront of are minds at all times, this life and the struggles that we encounter become mere obstacles in the Plan of the Almighty. If we continue to press forward with a firm foundation in our faith, I know that we WILL find happiness. God lives. I know that He has a plan for us. It's up to us to find out what that is and how we can accomplish it. 

OH! Easter is this upcoming Sunday. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we believe that Jesus Christ is our Savior, He lives, and that we ALL have reason to rejoice. #Hallelujah 


I still love being a missionary. There's not a second here that I would ever take back. I hope you all had a fantastic week and have a super Easter Sunday. Until next week.

-Elder Bondoc

Meet Erika, our investigator who was just baptized this past Saturday. So exciting! 





No comments:

Post a Comment