Sunday, February 19, 2017

Making a Bad Hair Day into a Good Hair Day

Hey.

Sister Xyra was baptized on Saturday! It was such a successful baptism. A lot of people were able to attend. It was such a spiritual experience. Loved it. We have another baptism this upcoming week. His name is Brother Harold. He's been taught by the missionaries for a really long time and is ready to be baptized! Super excited. Another thing. So I totally forgot to mention in my last email that almost all of my hair got chopped off. But yeah it happened. And now everyone who I ever run into tells me that my new haircut takes about 12 years off what I currently look like. That makes me an 8 year old in a necktie and name badge sharing the gospel. Kinda weird. But we had exchanges with the Assistants and the Calabanga District Leader. That was awesome. I love learning from other missionaries during exchanges.

But yeah. The whole haircut thing. So that leads into what I learned this week. Sometimes we get those really  bad haircuts in life. Even though we give the clearest instructions and planning to get a good haircut, the outcome sometimes is SO far from what we expected. But when you think about it.. the hair GROWS BACK which is kinda like life. No matter what happens things work out. So I guess I was kinda rattled this week, especially every time I looked in the mirror and saw "8 year-old me" but I'm over it. Life is awesome. Sometimes you just gotta laugh at life and all the bad haircuts you ever get. It'll grow back. I know it. I have no doubts.

 "Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven."-Judges 16:22

There's hope.

But really. This week was awesome. No complaints. I'll talk to you guys again next week.

-Elder Bondoc


Sister Xyra! And 20% of what was left after the incident.

Some of the other baptismal candidates and some of the members that attended. a blast!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the the great analogy Elder Bondoc. So true that we experience many disappointments in life but we need to keep our eternal perspective and things will be alright. ❤❤

    ReplyDelete