Monday, February 1, 2016

The Power of Listening

WOW!

I absolutely cannot believe that it is already February. I'm actually shocked that time is flying this fast. Thanks for all the emails this week. So what's new in the life of Elder Bondoc? Well I'm so glad that you asked! Firstly I have a new companion! He's fresh out of the Missionary Training Center. His name is Elder Duero. He's from Cebu and 19 years old. He just finished his first week on his mission and is an absolutely incredible missionary. He always asks me questions about what he can do to become a better missionary. 

But this week I learned how important listening is. Let me explain. So as missionaries, our main purpose is to teach other about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Therefore, we have this tendency to become a little... talkative. So this week I tried to improve my listening skills and this is what I learned. No matter how much you say, your words will only go so far. You'll only get to know a person so much. But if you wait for a moment and just listen, you'll find out what truly lies in the heart of a person. What his or her spiritual needs are and what you can do to help them... At least that's what I do. I find much more excitement and happiness in listening to the people I teach rather than actually teaching them. Why? I can't really say. I just know that through listening I show that I truly love those I teach. And  yeah. To be honest, I really love the people I teach, the people I meet, and even the people I haven't met yet. That's why I'm serving a mission. Anyways. I LOVE YOU ALL! In a matter of 4 months I'll have been on my mission for exactly one year. That blows my mind. Take care. Have a great week and I'll talk to you all again next Monday!

-Elder Bondoc

My companion, Elder Duero


No comments:

Post a Comment