Sunday, December 27, 2015

Guess Who Got to Skype His Parents

Hello!

Hope you all had an awesome Christmas and I hope you have a great New Year! This Christmas I got the chance to Skype my parents, and they said that they were impressed but I think they're just trying to strengthen my confidence.. Anyways, this Christmas was awesome. We were fed SO much food, it hurts my stomach just thinking about it. Christmas Day was also prime time for proselyting and sharing the message of the birth of Jesus Christ. This upcoming Saturday, I have the opportunity to baptize a young 12 year-old boy who has been investigating the Church. This kid is the best. It feels as though he's like my little brother. 

But this week I learned the importance of missionary work in its entirety. People here have been asking us a lot lately what missionaries REALLY do. Some think that we go around chastizing people, telling them to follow God or they'll go to hell. Um. No. That's not what we do. What we do as missionaries is strengthen the faith of others and help them come unto Christ by helping them receive the fullness of the restored gospel. Our end goal, of course, is baptism because we believe that it is the first saving ordinance that we must participate in in order to receive exaltation. But of course, people have their free agency to decide whether or not they accept the message we have to offer. But yeah. Other than that, we dedicate our lives, for two years, to service and representing Jesus Christ. Of course, we're not perfect. But we strive to do EXACTLY what Christ would do if he was in our shoes. I love this work. It's such a privilege and blessing to serve people in any way possible. For example, we have an activity planned next week to plant rice. LIKE WHAT. I GET TO HELP PEOPLE PLANT RICE. It's awesome. What a marvelous work this is. I wouldn't take these two years back for anything in the world. Love you all! Have a great New Year! 

-Elder Bondoc

I love my family. 

Note: My dad has now learned how to smile as wide as I do. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment