Sunday, December 4, 2016

Music

Magandang tanghali sa inyong lahat.

So this week... Brother Rexon and Sister Hermay were baptized! They're investigators that have been taught by missionaries for over a year now. It was such a special experience to help them finally reach their goal to be baptized. To say it was a privilege to be a part of their conversion would be an understatement. It was awesome. We were also put in a temporary trisome with another missionary named Elder Mercado. It was a good change and super fun! But other than that this week was full of work and a whole lot of other things. We ended up organizing a mission choir composed of 20 missionaries all over the mission. In about 6 hours we prepared 6 songs to sing to all the Stake and District Presidents at a dinner held by our Mission President. It was sweet. 

So that brings me to the topic of the week: Music. I think I've mentioned the power of music before, but this week I think I got the chance to understand it even better. Music is another form of communication, in my opinion. It's a way to express one's desires and emotions, especially with Christmas music. I don't think I ever gave really appreciated Christmas music as much as I do now. I feel a different sort of spirit when I hear Christmas music. I don't know what it is or why... But I love it. Hopefully we all get a chance to do a bit of caroling this Christmas season. Even if it's the classic belting of your favorite Christmas song should do. D&C 25:12 Hope you all have a great week! Talk to you next week!

-Elder Bondoc

Pictures of the Baptism


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your baptisms Elder Bondoc! I agree music brings the Spirit and touches our hearts in a very special way. Merry Christmas and we love you and pray for you everyday!

    ReplyDelete