Thursday, June 11, 2015

Week 3: Still Chugging Along

HELLO!

Sobrang pagod ako (I'm very tired), but that's okay! Everything goes well here at the MTC! The third week here has flown by! I can't believe it! It feels like it's been only a day. It's amazing how time flies here. Three more weeks at the MTC before I'm off to Naga. I just want to go. I just want to serve. With time, it'll come I guess. We haven't really done anything different, but the challenges with the language keep coming. It's like I memorize thirty words or so but then I find that I've forgotten them seconds later. I wish I could just SPEAK IT NOW. GAAAAH. 

Let's see, let's see..... OH! I'm a zone leader now! I'm essentially responsible for 26 Language Training Missionaries. Let me tell you, it is a VERY daunting task. I am the youngest one here. All the other missionaries are about 21 or older. I care about them a lot and want them to reach their potential for becoming the best missionaries! 

I wish I could type more and elaborate about some amazing adventures, but it's just the same thing here, which I do love. It helps me focus. I have been having some struggles, this week. But that's okay. It has taught me so much about the importance of patience. Patience is so key in anything that we do here and anything that you do wherever you are. I've learned that I have complete control over how I respond to certain events. I shouldn't be frustrated. I have absolutely no reason to be. It's not even about me in the first place. It's about those who I am soon to serve. When I have that perspective, EVERYTHING gets easier. I love learning here. It's helping me grow and become a better servant of the Lord. I wish you all the best! Three more weeks and these emails are going to get a lot more interesting, I promise. Anyway... Ingat ingat! (Take care!) 

-Elder Bondoc

PS: Mom, Dad, and Family. Please don't hate me because I'm not writing in Tagalog. Next week I'll use more Tagalog. I promise!

PSS: I apologize for the lack of pictures. I'll take some soon. So for now, enjoy this most recent picture of me as I write this email. Paalam! (Bye!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Doy! It's great to have a missionary out again from our family. I really miss the missionary letters. The language will come with time. I met some return missionaries at SLC airport last week and their Tagalog was awesome. The people in Naga mission will love you!! Praying for your success. Love you! Tita Nora

    ReplyDelete